Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Easy Heart Day Card with Inexpensive Embellishment!


I love my Happy Heart Day Valentine's Day Card pictured below, but it is very time and supply consuming. So, I came up with this simplified card for new card-makers and those of us that need to make several in a hurry! This card is an example of a technique that I like to use. Most really cute cards have lots of expensive accessories on them, such as brads, eyelets, and ribbon. For those of us on a budget and those of us that don't have a lot of supplies, this card is easy to embellish without those items. I save all of my small scraps and use them in the place of ribbon. In this case, I used two small pieces of Creamy Caramel Cardstock behind the mouse image to make a splash of color without using lots of embellishments.

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Happy Heart Day
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch and Glue Stick.

Stamp flower image onto Chocolate Chip Cardstock in the same color. Stamp Chocolate Chip mouse image onto Whisper White. Ticket corner punch the Whisper White piece. Adhere to card with small strips of Creamy Caramel behind it. These strips do the same thing as ribbon in a much less expensive way!

No comments: