Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pick a Petal Sad Face

I love using the Pick a Petal stamp set in creative ways.  This is just one that I found and decided to put my own touch to it!  I thought this was sure to brighten someone's day.


The cardstock base is Pacific Point and layered with Whisper White and River Rock.  I used the Flannel large background stamp in River Rock on the front piece of River Rock.  Flannel always makes us feel better, right?  I accented the front sad face with the corner punches.

For the face, I used the circles for eyes and the spotted petal for the nose.  I used the outline petal for the frown.  I used a marker to only color half the petal and stamped onto my Whisper White.  You could also ink-up the entire stamp, put down a piece of scrap paper to cover the bottom of the petal, and stamp the whole image onto the Whisper White and scrap paper.  Actually, I'd probably recommend this way more than the way I did it.  If you don't have your stamp absolutely clean, the bottom part of the petal still shows up on your stamped image.

No comments: