Saturday, February 13, 2010

Party Hearty with a Folded Frame

 
I wanted to try the Folded Frame tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com, so here is my attempt! If you would like to see the tutorial to make your own, click here.

I began with a Handsome Hunter CS base for a square card.  I used Prestwick DSP to make the Folded Frame for the front of the card.  I used silver brads to secure the frame instead of the glue dots/dimensionals that the tutorials suggests using.

I stamped the Celebrate You on Whisper White CS using Brilliant Blue Classic Ink and punched out using the Scallop Circle Punch.  To give the image a little "pop," I also stamped the image again using Handsome Hunter and punched out the very middle with a small circle punch.  I adhered this green embellishment onto the blue scalloped image.  Using Stampin' Dimensionals, I adhered this scalloped image to the front of the card, thus making it stand up off the front.

No comments: