Friday, February 12, 2010

Enjoy Every Moment

I saw something similar to this on a blog a long time ago and got the creative urge to make something similar.  I liked the look of an oversized square card-nice change from what I normally end up making.  I also normally make cards with nice bold colors, so this again was a little different than my usual, but I'm super pleased with my results.

I began with a 5x5 card front in Certainly Celery CS.  I rolled the Daisy Dash jumbo roller over Bashful Blue with Whisper White Ink.  (I had to make the Whisper White Ink Cartridge because you couldn't buy one in white at the time.)  I used my 1 1/4" square punch and punched out 8 squares of the Daisy Dash CS.  I then punched out 8 Whisper White CS squares using the 1 3/8" square punch.  After mounting those 8 Daisy Dash squares onto the Whisper White (some up and down, some sideways), I adhered to the Certainly Celery CS base.

I used Bashful Blue Classic ink to stamp the "enjoy" sentiment onto a square piece of Whisper White CS and then adhered that to a slightly larger piece of certainly celery.  I thought this card looked a little plain and so I used a little 2-way glue to stamp the small flower in the middle of the "o" and then sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds.  I filled in the center with a silver brad and then adhered this large piece to the Certainly Celery base.

I think if I get the chance, I'd like to see what this card would look like using a clear plastic card base.

No comments: