Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Last Garden Whimsy

I had to post one last variation on my Garden Whimsy Card.  This one has a whole different color scheme from the previous ones.  I wanted to make a card with a more "earthy" feel using my Whimsy set.  

I used Mellow Moss for the card base.  With my Whimsy Stampin' Around Jumbo Roller and Always Artichoke Jumbo Roller ink, I rolled across the bottom of the card to make a nice accent.  I used a small strip of Always Artichoke across the top of the Whimsy Roll to create a ribbon effect, even thought I had no Artichoke ribbon.  Again, this is another way to use scraps in a creative way and save a little money at the same time!

I stamped the butterfly image on Whisper White using Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink.  Using heat & stick powder and a heat gun, I put some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the butterfly for a nice "pop."  I then mounted it on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and put a small piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon behind the image before mounting onto the card front.  I stamped the sentiment with the Pumpkin Pie image as well.

No comments: