Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Card from Scrapbooking Kit

I just love making a whole stack of cards using a scrapbooking kit.  Sometimes I have a hard time picking colors for my cards.  I often use the same few favorites on my creations.  The scrapbooking kits already have colors picked out and coordinating papers, stickers, and other embellishments.  It's already selected for me!  And often, it's not colors towards which I lean.  This forces me to be creative and think outside my own little box, without having to put a lot of brain power behind it all!  YAY!

This is another card that I made from the same scrapbooking kit as my previously uploaded card.


The base of the card is Confetti White cardstock.  I layered it with Chocolate Chip and River Rock cardstock.  I punched squares and flowers out of the coordinating Chocolate Chip, Confetti White, and Ruby Red cardstock.  I adhered the brads to the back of the small squares and then used mini glue dots to add this assembled piece to the card.  I found that if I tried to put the brad through more than that one layer, it made the card bulky and it would not aly down or go in the envelope very neatly. 

I cut down the long sticker of squares to fit the piece of River Rock cardstock.  I liked how these little squares copied the look of the squares underneath the punched flowers.  Looks like tile, doesn't it? 

To finish the card, I stamped the "Happy Birthday" with Chocolate Chip ink on the bottom right.  I can see this card being re-made for almost every occasion using a different sentiment.  I also this this is a good card for both males and females.

No comments: