Sunday, July 25, 2010

Punched Train

I saved the best one for last in this series...my punched train.  In my opinion, this is the punched card of all punched cards.  I'm biased, but I think it's adorable!


I started with a Whisper White cardstock base and layered Bashful Blue on top for the background.  To make the train tracks, I used a piece of Basic Black and spiral punched down both sides.

For the engine, I used a keytag punch on Basic Black.  For the window,  I used a 3/4" square punch and layered a 1/4" square punch of Bashful Blue on top.  For the top of the smokestack, I used the top of a large tag punch.

For my box cars, I used a 1 1/4" square as the base in Only Orange or Real Red.  I layered a 3/4" square (in alternating color) and then a 1/2" circle on top of that.  The Whisper White "cargo" in each car is the end of the tab punch.

I joined all the cars together with a little piece of Basic Black.  The wheels are made from 1/2" circles in silver.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh girl, I love it! I know a little boy who would flip over this card, I may have to make one. Thanks for your creative idea!

Joey said...

Thanks Celeste! I saw one like it on Splitcoaststampers.com and had to try it myself!