Saturday, July 24, 2010

Punched Teacup

Here is another creation in my punch art series.  My husband and I own a coffee shop and I hate coffee.  So, I end up drinking quite a bit of tea.  This one is for all you fellow tea-drinkers!


The base of this card is Apricot Appeal.  I then layered it with Bashful Blue and Whisper White.  I stamped the "friendship" sentiment on the front and sponged a bit of Bashful Blue on the edges.

To create my teacup, I used my tag punch on some patterned scrapbooking paper.  For the saucer, I punched a medium sized oval and sponged it as well.  Then, for the inside of the saucer, I punched a small oval out of Bashful Blue, but did not sponge it, so the 2 ovals contrast just a little.  I adhered the small one on top of the medium-sized sponged one to finish the saucer.  

For the handle I punched a medium-sized oval out of Bashful Blue and then used the small oval punch to cut out the middle.

I finished my teacup by adding a small flower and brad as embellishment in the middle.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ingenious and cute!!! I love the color combo too!

Joey said...

Thanks Cynthia! I actually got the color combo from another card-maker. I don't know that I would have put it together myself, since I'm more of a bold/bright kinda girl. :)

A Creative Heart said...

Love It! Love It Love It.
You work wonders with your punches!

Blessings and Creativity