Friday, July 23, 2010

Punched Popsicles

Since we have a heat advisory today, I figured it would be a good day to share my Punched Popsicles.


To create the card front, I took a piece of Whisper White and sponged some Real Red and Close to Cocoa onto the corners.  I also stamped the "Celebrate" sentiment across the front. 

To make the popsicle, I tag punched a piece of Real Red cardstock.  I used my scallop circle punch to "take a bite" out of the popsicle.  I created the stem using Close to Cocoa with a word window punch.  After adhering to the piece of Whisper White, I used my white gel pen to draw a little shading on the popsicle and stem.

Once I had the card front completed, I mounted onto a piece of Close to Cocoa and the Real Red card base.  I decided I wasn't done with this one...


I created two more popsicles, one Only Orange and one Elegant Eggplant, as decoration for the inside of the card using the same technique as above.

2 comments:

Beth said...

This popsicle idea is just perfect! I need a card for a little girl getting her tonsils out! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joey said...

Great idea Beth!