Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scalloped Purple Coneflowers

I love making card embellishments using my punches.  It's a neat way to be creative with supplies that I already have.  I can see many of these items being used for scrapbooking as well as cardmaking.  This card could be used for almost any occasion.



This was a quick and easy way to introduce some of my friends to using punches in creative ways.  Using a scallop punch, I created a Perfect Plum and Almost Amethyst scallop.  In order to create the flower, I cut the scallop circle in half and then cut off one additional petal.  I cut the petals a little deeper than what the scallop punch did, as well as curled the petals so they stand up off the card.  I used small pieces of Close to Cocoa for the flower centers.  They look like my purple coneflowers in my garden!

No comments: